dyabar

Possible to reduce the weight of the file?

dyabar    0

Hi,

Is there any way to reduce the weight of a file?

After performing several designing steps and trying to simplify the part as much as possible, the part doubles, triples and continues...this without adding any more details at all.

Inspire works fine with a part of 3-6 Mb in my computer... when I exceed these values everything is too slow.

I would apreciate a early answer please :)

David  

Hi David,

Everytime a simulation is done - an analysis or optimization - the results are saved inside the *.stmod. As a result the overall filesize is increasing. If you have to keep the filesize low, just delete runs you do not need anymore directly from the Shape Explorer or the Model Browser by right-clicking -> delete.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Felix

dyabar    0

Hi Felix,

I mean the file gets bigger only by designing. It is not a matter of the size I get when simulating.

It dobbles, triples and more only by substracting and intersecting with boolean tools.

It looks that after certain point, I cannot design anymore. Could it be beacause of the student license?

The problem is that after this point the file becomes unmanagable, from 3 MB file and after some very easy operations I get a 80 MB file o more and then everything I do takes a while.

I was wondering if it also could be due some kind of history of the file...so the file is saving too much information from previous steps.

I am really stuck with this problem :( I would apreciate help cause I am running out of time for my university project

Thanks a lot

David

dyabar    0

Hi Felix,

I mean the file gets bigger only by designing. It is not a matter of the size I get when simulating.

It dobbles, triples and more only by substracting and intersecting with boolean tools.

It looks that after certain point, I cannot design anymore. Could it be beacause of the student license?

The problem is that after this point the file becomes unmanagable, from 3 MB file and after some very easy operations I get a 80 MB file o more and then everything I do takes a while.

I was wondering if it also could be due some kind of history of the file...so the file is saving too much information from previous steps.

I am really stuck with this problem :( I would apreciate help cause I am running out of time for my university project

Thanks a lot

David

dyabar    0

Hi Felix,

Thanks a lot

David