Sander Van Den Berg

optimization stops at around 58 procent

Hello,

I downloaded Solidthinking yesterday and have been trying to optimize a simple part with a plate where force is applied to, a fixed rod, and a given designspace. It seems to get stuck around 50% (one time at 58% and a few times at 52%). After running for around 3 hours I deleted one and retried it. After a while it gave the error 157. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I am running it on a HP Zbook studio G3. I attached a reference image below of the set-up. I hope someone will be able to help me further.

Inline images 1

Hi Sander,

Welcome to the official sT Forum!

You are facing some perfomance issues, caused by extremly thin volumes, you should create a 2D representation of. Therefore, please use the "Midsurface" tool on the thin parts of your assembly. You will mention no visible thickness (2D) representation, if this process is successfull.

As a result, your Simulation will be extremly fast.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Felix

Unbenannt.2JPG.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt3.JPG

Thanks for your help! The surface now floats, doesn't that create problems? It did work, I now have my first successful optimization but the resolution was so low that I am now doing a more detailed one.  

You are welcome!

Glad to hear that - you can always check contacts within the Structure tab -> Contact -> in your case it should be highlighted in blue.

That "floating" is just a visual gap.

Regards

Felix