Bobby

Could I be able to control the ADAU1701 on the strength of a microcontroller?

Hello!

I'm doing a project where I've created a simple project in Sigma Studio, and added a few components, like a tone generator, volume, mute, single band EQ and mute. I can adjust all these block in Sigma Studio, but I want to control these using a microcontroller over i2c; an Atmel AVR. I've already read an article(http://www.apogeeweb.net/article/58.html) which explained every involving details about microcontroller including it's history, features, types and so on, but I still feel confused and desperately wonder if i could  control the ADAU1701 on the strength of a microcontroller.

By using the capture mode in Sigma Studio, I've been able to figure out what registers and data simple blocks like mute and volume writes to the DSP. However, blocks like clickless volume and EQ doesn't just write data to one registers, but six! The data that gets written is also quite cryptical to me. What does 1.00562930107117  to address 0x06 means?

Does there exist some kind of documentation that tells the user how registers the different blocks are writing to, and more importantly, what is the actual content of each register?

In my current setup, when I adjust my single band 100 Hz EQ to the gain from 9.8 to 10 dB (one step), A total of six addreses is written to (see attached pic). I have no idea which of these register contains parameters like Q, "regular" gain, dB gain and EQ frequency. How can I figure this out? Does there exist some kind of documentation on this? That would be really helpful.

(Capture data is one step on the equalizer, 9.8 to 10dB)

Ir3BiT8.png

Hello Bobby,

Are you looking for documentation on the ADAU1701? This is what I found http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADAU1701.pdf. If you would like to set up the ADAU1701 using I2C please read page 24 of the above manual.

With solidThinking Embed, you can then easily set a microcontroller up to send the I2C signals to your ADAU1701 without writing code. This way you can emphasize on setting up your ADAU1701 correctly. Unfortunately Embed doesn't currently support Atmel. I recommend the Texas Instruments Launchpad 28027 or the more powerful 28069

• Like 1

On 2018/1/26 at 5:55 PM, Isi Matalon said:

Hello Bobby,

Are you looking for documentation on the ADAU1701? This is what I found http://www.analog.com/media/en/technical-documentation/data-sheets/ADAU1701.pdf. If you would like to set up the ADAU1701 using I2C please read page 24 of the above manual.

With solidThinking Embed, you can then easily set a microcontroller up to send the I2C signals to your ADAU1701 without writing code. This way you can emphasize on setting up your ADAU1701 correctly. Unfortunately Embed doesn't currently support Atmel. I recommend the Texas Instruments Launchpad 28027 or the more powerful 28069

Got it! Thanks so much!

I'm glad it helped.

Please let me know if you need any help on setting up the I2C module using solidThinking Embed. If so, I think it would be best if you started an I2C topic in the solidThinking Embed forum section as more people with knowledge on microcontrollers will view it and be able to chip in.