Wybren

Translate Tool Axes Clickable Area

I have a small annoyance that I run into all the time, and though it was time to put it up on this forum.

When using the Translate tool, you have to be very accurate to grab one of the axes. If you're just a few pixels off, you'll start grabbing whatever object is under the mouse cursor. Messing things up, having to undo takes time rebuilding the model, etc. It's just annoying and happens to me all the time.

My request is to enlarge the clickable area of each axis. It wouldn't be in the way of other things and will make SolidThinking even more of a joy to work with.

Have fun,

Wybren

• Like 1

Yes, this is an issue we have heard from many customers and have made some changes to correct it.

In version 9.0 we have made the Transform, Scale, and Rotate manipulators persistent so that you can't select any objects by accident and perform multiple inputs.  

In version 9.5 we have gone one step further by disabling the auto select and translate to eliminate selecting and moving objects accidentally.  For our users that prefer the old behavior we have added an option in the Preferences panel to enable auto select and translate.

We welcome your feedback and please let us know if there is anything else on your wish list.

Thanks,

Hi Darren,

Great, thanks for fixing. Looking at the new videos, I'm very happy with the changes in 9.5.

The focus of your development is spot on. Almost all of my wishlist has been implemented; it's like you're reading my mind.

There are a couple of other things on my list, but I'll wait with those until after I have tested the new release.

Have fun!

Wybren