Sign in to follow this  
chaos_chord

Version branching in Construction Tree

This one could be a bit more complex as it would require UI/UX adjustment and could also impact the performance but having an ability to branch off at any moment in history tree to create versions would a hell of a solution instead of duplicating the model and keeping it on separate layer or file as additional design variation. 

Lets say I come to a certain point in design and want to branch off from the last feature or line I just right click on it in Construction Tree and choose Add Version. From there on it branches off and creates it's own history tree which tracks only the versions of that branch. If the certain branch is not needed and you wish do abandon it just right click on where it branches off and choose Delete Version so it doesn't impact the performance anymore especially if there is some complex DynaStep invovled.

I understand this kind of workflow is specific but it would save lot's of time indeed.

Thanks for the feedback.  We are always happy to hear suggestions.  It's a great idea and I have added this to our list.  Hopefully we can add this type of functionality in the near future.

Thanks again,