Darren,

I watched the webinar on Evolve 2018 and it looks like a huge improvement. Can you reveal if there are improvements done to the creation of 2d documentation from 3d models, specifically the ability to dimension the 2d views directly on the layout and automatic creation of hatched section views?

I do not currently own a licence, If I buy 2017 now how much will the upgrade to 2018 be? Will I be able to use the 2018 beta?

Thanks

Claus

There will be significant improvements to the drawing/2D layout tools in 2018.

Our licensing will be changing to a subscription format in 2018.  Compensation will be provided for anyone who purchased v2017 that wish to upgrade to v2018.  I can't tell you exact numbers at this time, but I can say that it will be a better deal if you already have v2017.

On 25/3/2018 at 5:21 AM, Darren Chilton said:

There will be significant improvements to the drawing/2D layout tools in 2018.

Our licensing will be changing to a subscription format in 2018.  Compensation will be provided for anyone who purchased v2017 that wish to upgrade to v2018.  I can't tell you exact numbers at this time, but I can say that it will be a better deal if you already have v2017.

We were waiting to Evolve 2018 to get a perpetual/permanent license... Are you completely determined about this decision?

If that is the case we will swich to other packages.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I too and my team were looking forward for Evolve 2018  but got disappointed when it was announced that licensing will be changing to a subscription format. I would buy 2018 version only if it is going to offer a perpetual licensing option. 

Cheers.